Monday, August 2, 2010

Travel to Munich

Monday, August 2, 2010
Today we are on our way to Munich – just over 5 hours away from Berlin. In the morning, the girls and Oliver packed up the car and went to the park, while I went to the shops to buy provisions for our trip. Again, my German is atrocious, I'm constantly putting my words into French, but I have the basics to be polite. I was able to purchase some bread, cheese, meat, and fruit without too much stress and frustration for myself or the shopkeepers!

The drive so far has been great – the GPS is the only way to go. Whenever we miss a turn or exit, it just recalculates for us and sends us in the right direction again. It has made driving in some of these cities much less stressful – at least for Oliver that is! I could never drive in the cities the way he does...I'm only the navigator, but I'm sweating, while he's loving it! Thanks goodness for different talents!

No comments:

Post a Comment